3 dates to choose from…
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March 2024
Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st July 2024
Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th November 2024
Venue: Polly Dolly HQ, Southampton SO45 2LF
“I have put together a fabulous workshop that is both ideal for the complete novice doll maker to the seasoned professional.
So whether you’re just embarking on your dolly making venture or you’re a true Pollyholic in your own right … then this is the course for you”.
Day One: 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Making the head – stuffing the ball, adding the wadding, gauze, forming the chin, string sculpting, ridge closing, nose attachment.
- Fitting and sewing the doll jersey to the head.
- Turning and stuffing the body, arms and legs.
- Sewing the limbs closed.
Day two: 9.00am – 5.30pm
- Stuffing the body for a correct shape.
- Embroidering the face – eyes and mouth and attaching the ears. Applying the blusher.
- Sewing on the crochet chain cap and hooking in the mohair lengths.
- Sewing on the legs and arms.
As you can appreciate we have a lot to get through over this 2-day intensive course and I’ll be demonstrating each and every element along the way. You’ll then have the opportunity to replicate what’s been shown, having me right by your side to guide and advise.
At the end of Day 2 you’ll marvel at the beautiful creation you’ve made and will be taking home a dolly to cherish.
We’ll have no time during these two days to make an outfit for your dolly, so included in the course fee will be a ready-made sleeveless dress, made by Cath for you. I’ll have available as an extra purchase her panties, petticoat and shoes and knitted cardigans made by Jill.
Other retail items will be available for purchase on day 2.
So what’s included:
- Fully sewn doll body and head ball – all stitched and turned ready for you. Please note that this is for a 38cm Polly Dolly using the Little Dolly Dot scale
- Stuffing and Wadding
- Gauze, elastic band, linen tying string, sewing threads, glue gun (for the use of).
- Embroidery threads in a choice of colours for the facial features, strong thread, black dots and blusher.
- Pre-made crochet chain and pre-cut mohair lengths along with a crochet hook for attaching the hair.
- Premade Sleeveless Dress in a choice of Pink, Blue or White Rosy Posy fabric.
- PDF Sewing Pattern Instructions and Pattern Pieces.
- Course notes and diagrams and a Certificate of Achievement.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Sewing needles, embroidery thread needle, doll needles, darning needle and pins.
- Hemostats (or stuffing tool), dotting tool, small scissors, tweezers.
- Tape measure
- Note pad and pen.
- Enthusiasm, excitement and a lust for learning from an expert doll maker!
Once I have confirmed your place on the course I will contact you for your colour choices…. For your Doll Skin you can choose between Fair, Peach, Sunkissed, Olive, Russet or a Brown skin tone. Your doll components would have already been cut and stitched together by Lesley.
And for her hair we’ll be using our Looped Mohair and you’ll have the choice of Pearl, Honey, Tangerine, Cherry, Chocolate, Raven, Blonde, Bronze, Toffee, Rusty, Copper or Brunette. The crochet chain for the cap will already be made for you by Sharon and she will also have cut all the mohair lengths for you.
We’ll bring along a pre-made Sleeveless Dress for you, made by Cath, in your choice of Pink, Blue or White Rosy Posy fabric.
You’ll be emailed a Certificate of Achievement after the course along with the PDF Sewing Pattern Instructions and Pattern Pieces.
WOW so much choice…. and this is all included in the price of your course.
The Southampton venue - polly dolly hq
Polly Dolly HQ is located on the outskirts of the New Forest in Hampshire and is very easily accessed from the M27. The address for your Sat Nav is SO45 2LF. We have plenty of on-site parking.
If your planning to stay away during this workshop then I would recommend the Premiere Inn, Romsey Road, Nursling, Southamton SO16 0XJ. There are also plenty of B&B’s in the area which are closer to Polly Dolly HQ (please ask for details).
A couple of weeks prior to the workshop you’ll be invited to join a WhatsApp Group where you’ll be able to chat to the other attendees that are coming along, and maybe even arrange a car share to and from the community centre with each other.
So… Are You Ready to RESERVE your place?
The Workshop price for the 2 days is £325
To book onto this workshop you’ll pay a £100 non-refundable deposit with the balance of £225 due 2-3 weeks prior to the workshop start date.
The price includes ALL the doll components as listed above in the ‘So What’s Included’ section.
There are very limited spaces on this course and once they’re gone, they’re gone! Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Oh yeah, and don’t forget, if you click the Pay in 3 at the checkout your deposit will be spread over 3 monthly instalments – interest FREE!
Looking forward to seeing you soon my lovely!
Should you have any questions at all regarding my Doll Making Workshop, then please do get in touch by email or phone…
I’m always happy to help.
023 8194 2429
Check out the Terms and Conditions here
A gallery of photos from the Southampton Workshop 2023…